INGREDIENT SPOTLIGHT | Cacao Powder
Yummy! There are many skin care benefits from cocoa fruit powder. It helps to promote healthy skin tissues, firm and renew new skin cells, and promotes healthy cell development. It also works as an antioxidant and helps to repair any damaged skin, improves blood flow to the skin, helps to improve skin hydration and complexion, and it even absorbs UV light into the skin.
#ingredientspotlight #skinscriptrx #skinscript#skinscripts #whatsyourskinscript #cacaopowder#cacao
Yucca Schidigera Leaf/Root/Stem Extract an antioxidant which increases cell growth and provides anti-irritation relief to reduce discomfort related to acne. It also has surfactant properties.
SKIN SCRIPT PRODUCTS:
• Green Tea Citrus Cleanser
• Raspberry Refining Cleanser
#skinscriptrx #skinscript #skinscripts#professionalenzymepeels #whatsyourskinscript#ingredientspotlight #yucca
Every December 31st, millions of people make a resolution to lose weight, eliminate an entire food group and organize life. While they have great intentions, only 8% actually keep their New Year’s Resolution.
Not all New Year’s Resolutions have to end in frustration – you CAN achieve your resolution! The secret is setting the best resolution that will help you achieve your goals in a reasonable way.
Here is our list of the top 5 New Year’s resolutions that you can actually keep throughout 2018:
1. Find a healthy way to manage stress. Rather than managing stress through bingeing (on food, Netflix and more), use the mind-body connection in class to help you work through your stress. Find time to focus on just you–read a book, get a massage, hit the gym. Scheduling “you time” is always a great stress relief.
2. Perfect your stretch. Stretching out your muscles is every bit as important as working them. Stretch after each section of class to lengthen out the muscles. Challenge yourself to perfect your form in each stretch. Your muscles will thank you later.
3. Find a workout bestie. Research shows that those with a workout bestie double their chances for meeting their fitness goals. Seek out a workout bestie who has similar goals, fitness interests and schedule as you do. You will gain accountability while building a wonderful friendship!
4. Set SMART goals. Avoid the overly generalized resolutions such as “stay fit and healthy” or “exercise more” and make your goal more specific for 2018. Indicate how you will measure your goal and the tools you will need i.e. “I will reach my goal of being more fit in 2018 by taking 4 classes per week for 6 months and scheduling my classes ahead of time.”
5. Make fitness fun in 2018. Working out should be fun – NOT a punishment. Create a workout routine that keeps things interesting and keeps you motivated. Life is just too short to hate your workouts.
Last but not least, don’t forget to write your resolution down!
The Gentleman's Facial
Our Gentleman's Facial is ruggedly tailored to meet a man's specific skincare needs. This unique treatment can be specially tailored to fit each client's skin type and includes beard care, if needed.
Specifically designed with men's skin care goals in mind, allow us to re-energize and rebalance your skin for a more youthful appearance. This facial will increase the skin's much-needed moisture, calm irritations/razor bumps, as well as minimizes expression lines and wrinkles.
Note: We recommend that you not shave immediately beforehand. Shaving can leave your skin feeling tender and sore, so the day or evening before is more appropriate.
or call us at (888) 262-5072
Winter skin care tips to help you stay dewy and radiant during a hectic holiday season and the winter months that follow!
Cold days have arrived. Before your skin has a chance to feel the effects of the cold, dryness and wind, bolster your skin care routine with these natural tips that will keep it feeling invigorated, fresh and soft.
Stay hydrated. By keeping your body hydrated, your skin will naturally follow suit. If you have a hard time remembering to sip your H2O, learn to make a habit out of it by setting a reminder in your phone or even try something silly—like taking a sip every time you glance at the digital clock and the last digit is an odd-number.
Swap your moisturizer. Use a rich, oil-based moisturizer during the winter months. This will help seal water in your skin and will keep it more moisturized than water-based face lotions. As always, choose organic and know your ingredients!
Hydrate with a humidifier. Winter naturally brings low humidity, but your furnace can decrease humidity as well. Invest in a good humidifier, or several to place throughout your house to keep moisture in your home.
Munch on veggies. Cucumbers and celery naturally contain a lot of water—which makes them a perfect snack when you’re trying to keep yourself and your skin hydrated. Orange and yellow veggies, like sweet potatoes, carrots, red peppers and pumpkin, are great for your skin due to the antioxidant, beta-carotene. And to boost your consumption of vitamins A, B and E, as well as your iron and omega-3s, add some spinach and other dark leafy greens to your plate.
Get your omega-3 fats. According to Dr. Mercola, if the tops of your hands aren’t soft and smooth, this may indicate you are deficient in omega-3 fats. Find these essential fatty acids in salmon, olive oil and walnuts; be sure to choose organic and stick with wild-caught Alaskan salmon.
Avoid chemical-filled soaps. Not only is your skin your largest organ but it’s highly permeable—meaning that what you put on your skin is likely going into your body and bloodstream. Plus, antibacterial soaps, skin care products containing alcohol and fragrance-filled soaps strip your skin of natural oils. Choose natural, organic soaps and avoid fragrances, instead choose essential oils.
Turn down the heat. It feels great to slip into a tub of hot water in the winter, but some of us have the habit of overdoing it a bit with the temperature of our H2O. The heat of the water mixed with your soap depletes the natural oils on your skin, which will cause it to dry out faster. If you get out of the shower and your skin is red and itchy, this is a sign that the water is drying out your skin.
Dab on some coconut oil. Virgin organic coconut oil serves as a highly effective product for skin care. Coconut oil fights free radical damage, possibly due to its high levels of ferulic and p-coumaric acid, and its natural antioxidant properties keep your skin looking youthful.
Sip pomegranate juice. This bright red fruit is packed with polyphenol antioxidants which not only fight free radicals but studies have shown that they may prevent cell aging.
Gently exfoliate. As the body ages, its natural ability to regenerate new layers of skin slows down. Gentle exfoliation will slough off old skin cells and reveal fresh, glowing skin.
This holiday season, treat your skin to a Pomegranate Holiday Facial - featuring a Pomegranate Enzyme Power Peel and a Goji Berry Yogurt Mask.
This blend of pomegranates, goji berries and yogurt creates the perfect potion for all skin types. Pomegranate provides the perfect comforting warmth and aroma while leaving skin smooth and bright. A blend of lactic and salicylic acid dissolves dead skin cells revealing a soft complexion. Witch hazel calms skin from the harsh effects of winter weather and yogurt moisturizes to soothe dryness.
This facial is guaranteed to noticeably improve skin tone, calm and bring the skin back to life!
May your holidays be merry and bright!
Q: What is the difference between OTC (over the counter products) sold at drugstores or department stores compared to professional products like yours? Do professional products really work better?
A: As aestheticians we’re often asked this question. The reality is there are thousands of OTC products that are less expensive and have good ingredients but are less effective in giving you results. Professional products are designed and often tested clinically to prove their effectiveness. Professional products have higher quality ingredients and will continue to improve your skin over time. In my opinion, it all comes back to, “You get what you pay for.”
Here are some reasons why professional products are more effective and will deliver better results than drugstore or department store products. We are here to help you understand this by comparing and contrasting your OTC product with our professional products.
- Are made in small batches with fresh and active ingredients that are made to deliver results.
– Have higher quantities and percentages of active ingredients to ensure the product does what it says it’s going to do.
- Formulated by cosmetic chemists and sold by an aesthetician who has years of hands-on experience with a true understanding of the skin and its function.
- Have a range of products that address different skin types and skin conditions.
- No added synthetic fragrances, colors or dyes. This lessens your chance of sensitivity and irritation to these unnecessary chemicals.
- High quality ingredients with proven results.
Over The Counter products:
- Made in large batches for the masses so more preservatives are added since the shelf life will need to be longer.
- May have less or lower percentage of active ingredients since they will be sold to “for all skin types” and therefore need to be more basic, simpler formulas.
- Formulated by chemists and presented and sold to the public by corporate marketing specialists.
Lots of hype and clever marketing jargon to get you to buy it.
- Most products are made for “one size fits all.” (If you’re looking for results, it’s imperative that you use products formulated for the unique needs of your skin.)
- Added synthetic dyes, colors and fragrances to heighten the sensory experience and esthetic look for the sole purpose of encouraging sales.
- Low quality, inexpensive oils with potential pore clogging properties. The drug store is loaded with products containing mineral oil and petroleum which are forbidden ingredients by professional skin care formulators.
Beneficial Bisabolol! A natural extract from the Chamomile flower, Bisabolol acts as an anti-inflammatory, promotes wound healing, reduces sensitivity, and alleviates heat while soothing skin irritation.
SKIN SCRIPT PRODUCTS:
• Acai Berry Moisturizer
• Cacteen Balancing Moisturizer
#ingredientspotlight #skinscriptrx #skinscript #skinscripts #professionalenzymepeels #whatsyourskinscript #bisabolol
Celebrate the Season with a Gift
for Yourself or a Loved One!
Be sure to Like and Follow our Facebook page
for the details as we announce our daily
12 Days of Christmas Deals!
*Cannot be combined with any other offers. Please call our office for further details.
#falalalala #sharethelex #tistheseason #12daysofchristmas #holidaycheer
#massage #facials #yoga
The fruit of the Orange is a excellent source of Vitamin C, which is good for health and skin care as well. However, most of the benefits of orange are in its skin of the fruit itself!
Vitamin C not only combats free radicals that destroy functioning skin cells, but also helps add a glowing shine to your skin, which makes orange peels a potent beauty product for skin. The Orange Peel contains citric acid that helps in the brightening of skin naturally. The antioxidants within the Orange are a perfect anti-aging treatment that will create a healthy glow.
Skin Script Products:
• Acai Berry Antioxidant Moisturizer
• Tri-Peptide Eye Cream
• Peptide Restoration Moisturizer
• Vitamin C/Green Tea Serum
#skinscriptrx #skinscript #skinscripts #COLGlow