My practice is Covid-safe. I am vaccinated and boosted. Masks are optional. I am happy to wear them during our session. Please let me know what makes you feel most safe.
Benefits of Massage
Regular massage provides amazing relief to people of any age and from all walks of life, from athletes to work-at-home moms to anyone with high pressure jobs and/or stress at work. Throughout history, massage has offered a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach to well-being based on the body's incredible natural ability to heal itself!
Massage offers almost limitless benefits, the primary one being tension from stress. Massage has proven to be a beneficial treatment for the following conditions:
- Sleep disorders
- High blood pressure
- Lower back pain
- Immunity suppression
- Spinal cord injury
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Post-operative care
- Age-related disorders
- Eating disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Increases circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is incorporated in treatment for chronic illnesses, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort associated with lower back pain.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent risk of muscle strain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Reduces post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduces and realigns scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Contributes to shorter labor, reduces the need for medication and aides in quicker recovery in pregnant women.